On Tuesday March 20, 2018, six former Central faculty members will be inducted into the Faculty Hall of Fame. Alumni and former students are cordially invited to the ceremony honoring these exceptional teachers.
Emcee, Dr. Sheldon Pavel will begin the ceremony in the school auditorium at 8 A.M. sharp.
- Frank Greco, 228th Class, taught Health and Phys.Ed., and was the first coach of any girls athletic team at Central.
- Mme Merrill Hakim, the only teacher in school history to have taught three languages in the same year.
- *Edwin J. Houston, 43rd Class, taught Science at the school for many years, then joined Elihu Thomson, 55th Class, to form the company that would become General Electric.
- *John J. Mulloy, beloved teacher of History and World Civilizations (1957-1976) formed a groundbreaking ecumenical discussion group for students of all faiths.
- Sandra Schwartz, described as “Math Teacher Extraordinaire” by President Pavel, she taught all levels of Math from Algebra I to Advanced Calculus.
- Stephen Wilensky, taught music at Central for 30 years, developing numerous curricula, initiating school musicals and raising funds for international performances.
Please join AACHS, the Central High School Administration and friends and family of the honorees to celebrate the careers of these exceptionally talented educators. The seeds of our careers as Central graduates were sown by teachers such as these. Our lives would have been very different and what we have been able to give to others, much less, if we had not met them.
Dr. Steve Burnstein, 222
VP AACHS & chairperson, HOF committee